Starting from 1 November, homeowners and business owners in Singapore will be able to switch to another electricity retailer at a price plan that best meets their needs as Open Electricity Market launches nationwide.
The nationwide launch will be rolled out progressively to the four zones in Singapore (see table below).
|Zone||Postal Codes Starting With...||To be launched from*|
|1||58 - 78||1 Nov 2018|
|2||53 - 57, 79 - 80, 82 - 83||1 Jan 2019|
|3||34 - 52, 81||1 Mar 2019|
|4||01 - 33||1 May 2019|
Currently, Jurong consumers with postal codes 60 to 64 can buy from the new electricity retailers as part of the pilot program launched in April earlier this year.
What you need to know
There are some things to consider before making the switch:
- It is not compulsory – you can still continue to buy electricity from SP Group.
- You can switch anytime – there’s no deadline for switching to another electricity retailer.
- U-Save rebates – your rebates will not be affected regardless if you make the switch or not.
- When you do switch – the new electricity retailer will work with SP Group to make the switch for you.
List of Electricity Retailers
There are a total of 12 retailers you can choose from:
- Best Electricity Supply Pte Ltd
- Environmental Solutions (Asia) Pte Ltd
- iSwitch Pte Ltd
- Keppel Electric Pte Ltd
- Ohm Energy Pte Ltd
- PacificLight Energy Pte Ltd
- Sembcorp Power Pte Ltd
- Senoko Energy Supply Pte Ltd
- Seraya Energy Pte Ltd
- SingNet Pte Ltd
- Tuas Power Supply Pte Ltd
- Union Power Pte Ltd
Consumers can also use the comparison tool on Open Electricity Market’s website to find out the rates they will be getting from the retailers as well as the estimated monthly bill based on their usage.Learn more about Open Electricity Market