With safe management measures easing and more workers returning to the office starting this month since WFH is no longer mandatory, morning and evening peak hour traffic is expected to rise along expressways around Singapore.
ERP Rate Review
LTA says they have completed their latest review of ERP rates which will increase by $1 from 12 April (Mon) onwards.
They include these locations on CTE and AYE:
- AYE after Jurong Town Hall towards City (set of 3 gantries)
- Southbound CTE before Braddell Road
- Southbound CTE after Braddell Road & PIE Slip Road into Southbound CTE (set of 4 gantries)
- Southbound CTE Auxiliary Lane to PIE (Changi)/Serangoon Road
- Northbound CTE after PIE (set of 2 gantries)
LTA also says the rate adjustment comes after they observed some changes in morning peak hour travel patterns. Instead of seeing very high traffic volumes in a short time window (as was the case pre-COVID-19), they now see heavier traffic across a longer duration from 7am to 10am.
Earlier this year, LTA also increased rates along AYE, KPE and CTE during morning peak hours.