Love kayaking? Here’s a paddling activity you can enjoy for free and do some good for Singapore waters at the same time.
An initiative to clean up waters around Singapore and in line with International Coastal Cleanup, kayaking fans can now sign up to participate in the annual ‘Rent-a Craft, Pay-by-Trash‘ campaign at 6 PAssion Wave locations in Singapore.
Paddlers will be able to enjoy kayaking or stand-up paddling for free but in return, they must help pick up trash from the waters.
The venues include:
- East Coast
- Pasir Ris
- Bedok Reservoir
- Marina Bay
- Jurong Lake Garden
Here are some photos of the kayaking activities in these areas.
However, do take note that a 1-star kayak certification is required for the sea outlets – East Coast, Pasir Ris and Sembawang. No certification is required for reservoir outlets at Bedok Reservoir, Marina Bay and Jurong Lake.
The public can register their interest from their official landing page here.
There are some terms and conditions to take note of:
- Relevant certifications required for rentals at sea outlets
- Only available from Wednesdays to Fridays in September 2021
- Only 2hrs rental available
- Participants must adhere to current SMM guidelines
You can also contact the outlets directly for any enquiries:
- PAssion Wave @ East Coast – 6444 0409
- PAssion Wave @ Pasir Ris – 6582 4796
- PAssion Wave @ Sembawang – 6755 0225
- PAssion Wave @ Bedok Reservoir – 9710 1697
- PAssion Wave @ Marina Bay – 6296 6683
- PAssion Wave @ Jurong Lake Garden – 6970 4262