Good news for Punggol residents, the Punggol Regional Libary is now partially open to the public starting this week.
First Two Floors Now Open
Located in One Punggol, the new library has prioritized opening the first two floors which come with dedicated offerings for children on both levels since Punggol has the highest proportions of children below five years old.
One Punggol is a 5-minute walk away from Exit A of Punggol MRT station via the sheltered walkway along Punggol Green. Parking is also available in One Punggol.
Visitors can also refer to L1 and L2 maps below to navigate to the respective sections in the library.
According to NLB, all five floors are slated to be fully open in a few months and will feature spaces, collections, programmes, and activities for teenagers and adults that cover areas such as business, technology, and local literature.
Highlights of the new library that children can enjoy include:
- Spark!Lab™, a DIY tinkering space set up in partnership with the Smithsonian Institution for children (aged 7 to 12 years) to participate in hands-on activities and create innovative solutions to different challenges
- TinkerTots where children (aged 6 years and below) can play with educational toys and learn about the world through simple tinkering activities
- Toy Library that offers regular toys, educational aids, puppets and costumes for children (aged 6 years and below) to play with
- Storyteller Cove, a space with animations, illustrations, and activity stations including for prop-making, to inspire children (aged 7 to 12 years) to create their own stories
- Stories Come Alive Room which uses moving images and text, and light and sound effects to make storytelling an immersive and interactive experience
Features for the disability community
The Punggol Regional Library will also be equipped with accessible features including:
- Assistive technology devices such as coloured keyboards with larger keys to aid persons with visual impairment
- Wheelchair-accessible book borrowing stations, and the new Borrow-n-Go, where wheelchair users can borrow books more easily by simply going through the dedicated passageway
- The Accessible icon will be marked on selected facilities and spaces to indicate that persons with disabilities will have priority to use them
There will also be an Artease Café located on level 2 will also employ persons with disabilities and will serve a variety of mains, snacks, desserts and beverages.
You can also find more information from NLB website here.
Join thousands and get notified instantly of the latest deals and news like this from our Telegram channel.
Punggol Regional Library
- Address: 1 Punggol Drive, One Punggol #01-12, Singapore 828629
- Opening Hours: 12pm – 9pm daily
- Nearest MRT Station: Punggol